First of all, with all the guys gone from last year, this is still a pleasant suprise. For everyone that will be going out to California, it should be a GREAT trip!!!
I'm not going west, but I just secured some 40 yard line seats for the Big Hole up north on Saturday!!! Hopefully, we will play better and UM will play awful like the past four games.
I'm tired of harping on Tressel's "offensive" Offense, so I will just ask a few questions.
- What happened to Brandon Saine???
- Will the Graham kid from UM have 10 or more tackles for loss if we run it 50 times again?
1. Saine scored on a 49 yard run and never was put back into the game. The last two times we had the ball, Herron was in for every play. Everytime he carried the ball, he kept falling down without being hit or he ran into the back of one of the blockers. I kept pointing it out to everyone when they would show the replays on the scoreboard. The last time he broke through the middle, the guy behind me yelled something at me to kind of say, "I didn't know what I was talking about", but before he could get his full sentence out, Herron fell forward again just as he broke free on his way to another TD. I turned around and all the guy could do was "sheepishly" agree. Then on the 3rd down play that Pryor was sacked, Herron was wide open on the right side-line. I'm pretty sure that if Saine was in the game, Pryor would have looked his way since he is such a good receiver. ???
2. As far as Graham goes, I hope our Offensive Line continues to improve. I guess our Lineman could simply grab hold of the guys who run right past them when they are trying to block and get a 10 yard penalty!?!?! That would be worse than having TP or our running backs getting clobbered behind the line of scrimmage. When looking at the replays, it seems like four of the five lineman do a good job and another one is found lying on the ground as his man makes the tackle. The worst part is that it isn't simply one man (though Cordle routinely was beaten like a drum yesterday). I saw each one of them totally "whiff" on a block at least once. GOOD Offensive Lineman at least get their hands on their man on every play. ???
One last thing: I do not think we need to worry about losing Chimde Chekwa to the draft early next year. By the end of the game, his skin had to look as burnt as the skin on my turkeys that I deep fried yesterday!!! The entire second half, all Iowa did was pass to the receiver he was covering. Slant routes. Fade routes. Deep Balls. It didn't matter. When he was closely guarding his receiver he didn't turn his head to make a play or he was so far off his man, they were completing everything in front of him. Hopefully, he got that game out of his "career" and he'll play better.
There. I'm done!
As far as the tailgate goes, the turkeys were again a GIANT HIT!!! It is A LOT of work, but well worth seeing everyone enjoy themselves. Then again, we went through 6 gallons of Jerry Juice, so i could have deep fried "road-kill" and I think everyone would have been happy!
WHAT AMAZING WEATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BEAT Meat-Chicken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jerry
No comments:
Post a Comment